Summary of the 20 May 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Emma Anholt, Harry Wentland,


Absent: Manasi Navare,


Agenda: Freenode takeover, status update from fdo admins, domain status, XDC2020 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, EVoC, Sharing of non-redistributable game traces among members, Equinox meeting

Items discussed

ITEM: Freenode takeover
Long story short a hostile entity took over Freenode, and as a result prior
Freenode staff members have recommended everyone consider the network to be
hostile. At the moment, quite a number of FDO IRC channels reside on Freenode.
ACTIONS: Since don't have a policy on IRC hosting, it's up to projects
to decide where they'd like their IRC channels to live. However, as a
coordinated move is in the best interest of the community Lyude will release a
statement on behalf of the foundation with a non-binding recommendation of
moving to OFTC, while also opening up to allow for input from members on
said recommendation.
STATUS: Pending but will be Done today

ITEM: Status update from fdo admins
Apparently some of the elastic storage we used for packet is getting
decommissioned on June 1st including some git data, backups and artifacts. They
already discussed this with packet and packet provided some more machines with
local storage.
As of today: there is a new cluster with those machines that should be more
tolerant to faults. All of the git data on those disks have been migrated to the
new cluster, and Benjamin is in the process of migrating parts of the backups
and the artifacts to the new cluster. So even in the worse case scenario, we
don't lose anything important.
ACTIONS: Once that's completed, a few steps need to be done: migrate the rest of
the git data to the new cluster, migrate minio-packet to the new cluster,
migrate the db to the new cluster, and then get rid of the old cluster. Finally,
they will try to deploy the rullers in the cluster itself, but by locking them
down more. That should bring us back to a good level of service, as we currently
have one runner down ATM.
STATUS: Pending

Lyude started an email thread with Trevor about what we'd need to continue EVoC,
but hasn't had a chance to respond or look into it further.
ACTIONS: Lyude should have some time to look into this further in the near
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: status
Daniel Vetter sent an email to the site wranglers asking about the domains that
we currently host, currently awaiting a response from them.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2020 invoices status
Manasi wasn't here today, so this item was skipped
STATUS: Pending

Samuel sent the CfP announcement. There are some pending things to do in the
website: improve design (organizers will do it), fix DNS redirection (it seems
Indico removed the multiple dns resolution feature from the code, and we need to
hack it) and add a backup to the website. Other than that, organizers are
preparing a document for speakers based on last year one so things start moving.
STATUS: Pending

Samuel sent the RfP announcement. There might be another potential organizer but
it is too soon to know. For the moment several people showed some interest but
still too soon to become real.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
No updates on this yet
STATUS: Pending

Harry's email has finally made it's way to the HDMI consortium. Now we need to
wait to see how they respond.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sharing of non-redistributable game traces among members
Emma hasn't had a chance to start looking into this yet, but should be able to
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Equinox meeting
Mark Filion talked with some of the FDO admins and they recommended that they
follow up Benjamin's email regarding the FDO infrastructure status update first.
ACTIONS: Mark will try to get to responding tomorrow hopefully, and go from
STATUS: Pending