Summary of the 01 July 2021 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Manasi Navare,


Absent: Mark Filion, Keith Packard, Emma Anholt, Harry Wentland,


Agenda: domain status, requesting ledger data, XDC2021 invoices status, XDC2021, XDC2022, XDC2022 sponsors, HDMI 2.1, GSoC/Outreachy/EVoC, sharing of non-redistributable game traces within members, equinox meeting, status from fdo admins, and getting SPI to have a standard conf contract

Items discussed

ITEM: domain status
No updates here
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Requesting ledger data
No updates here, Lyude just finished being very busy at work
ACTIONS: Lyude to try to poke SPI about this again soon
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: XDC2021 invoices status
SPI confirmed collabora's payment.
ACTIONS: Manasi to send invoice to the Linux foundation soon
STATUS: Pending

Gitlab asked for our logo to use in their conference. As well, some XDC talk
stats: 8 full-slot talks, 3 half-slot talks, 1 lightning, 0 workshops, 0 demos.
We have sent a reminder last weekend via email, and today on twitter. If this
trend continues we won't be able to fill all of the slots by the end of the
deadline like last year, which would mean that we'd need to extend the CFP
until we fill all the slots like last year, or we reach a given deadline.
We also setup the CFP committee featuring Lyude, mdnavare, danvet, Samuel, and
some of the event organizers.
Regarding the conference organization, the organizers are still deciding what
platform to use: if keeping jitsi+youtube like last year, or trying bit blue
button. And finally the speakers document is almost done, but we haven't
received a full version yet to review.
ACTIONS: Samuel to discuss this more on the board@ list with organizers in cc
STATUS: Pending

Samuel sent a reminder for the Request for Proposals, as we still have two
months ahead before the deadline. We've got interest from one company right now
at least, but would like more options then that.

ITEM: XDC2022 sponsors
Daniel had a chance to send out emails to all of the remaining sponsors who they
hadn't gotten around to yet. We've already got one extra sponsor.
ACTIONS: Daniel to keep poking
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: EVoC/GSoC/Outreachy
Lyude just had some time open up again so she's in the process of writing the
letter for this to send to various mailing lists, and will hopefully have
something by tomorrow or Monday.
ACTIONS: Lyude to send out letter to mailing lists
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Sharing of non-redistributable game traces among members
Emma was out this meeting, so no updates here.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Equinix meeting
Mark Filion was absent this meeting, so no updates here
STATUS: Pending

Harry Wentland was absent this meeting, so no updates here
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Status from fdo admins
We [fdo admins] migrated to a brand new cluster with 6 nodes, and the new
cluster has a redundant control plane which means that we can take down any
server without losing data/service. The new cluster also is hosting all of our
data in house, except for the registery (there is a mirror to try to slightly
reduce that GCP bill).
The data hosting was a bit problematic, we eventually found a reliable solution
but had a bumpy week where we lost all of the artifacts (job logs and job data
from CI). We finally are on a nominal number of servers, FTR: 3 c2-medium for
k8s control plane, 3 s1-large for k8s + data hostingf, 1 m1-xl for
minio-packet.fd.o, 3 m1-xl for gitlab runners, 2 arm for gitlab runners. And
finally there's a $13,500 bill for this that Equinix is completely covering.
Future plans: get back that m1-xl machine from minio-packet.fd.o to re-add a
4th x86 runner.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: Getting SPI to have a standard conference contract
Something that Daniel mentioned that came up again during sponsor searching for
XDC is that potential sponsors have pointed out that we don't have a standard
ACTIONS: Daniel to poke SPI again about this
STATUS: Pending